Interested in joining LWOF? Excellent!
What LWOS Can Do For You:
- Join a network with 20 sports websites and over 350 writers
- Potential to earn monetary rewards
- Build your writing portfolio and brand
- Hone your writing skills
- We can help you market yourself and your new column
- Help promote your articles in many different areas
- Access to our audience
- Access to some industry leading experts, which is imperative for any site’s growth
- You will join the thriving LWOS community to meet other writers and sport fans
- Upward mobility — we hire from within, and there will be real opportunities to join our administrative team and be financially compensated
What is a Team Manager?
Team Managers, in addition to writing regularly, help to recruit other football writers, organise team content, and manage social media for their team. TM’s work directly with site managers to organise content for the department. While this is a bigger commitment than a Contributor, it is both manageable and rewarding.
NEW***There will be opportunities in the near future for team managers to be given their own website and network to manage. This will come with remuneration.
What is a Contributor?
Contributors are writers who can commit to writing weekly, though they are able to write more frequently. Our focus is on analyses and news on both league and team-level happenings.
LWOF requires a sample article from each candidate. We ask for 500-1000 words focused on analysis of a match, player, club, or a league issue. Please let us know which club you are most interested in covering, along with the position you are applying for, Contributor or Team Manager.
Be sure you proofread your article before submitting. Our usual timeframe to review your application is 48-72 hours.